Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Best Laid Plans

Yesterday I was supposed to have had a parent-teacher conference early morning.  Because of this, I decided I'd work out in the afternoon.  As it turns out, my body apparently thought I needed more rest and I do this thing where I"m only half-conscious sleepwalking and changed my alarm. 

Then, that afternoon I got the call.  Emerson had a headache, sore through and upset stomach.  Luckily she presents the same way every time because I knew to take her in and confirm what I already knew, strep.  They couldn't get us in until 7pm and by the time we got the meds and got home it was 9pm.  Considering I literally fell asleep in the peds office I gave myself a break last night.

That meant that today was up and at 'em today and got my workout in first thing.  My sole focus has been to focus on the now because otherwise I tend to start down the "what if I had just stuck with it" path or the ever-popular "this is impossible it'll take forever"

The one good (ish) thing is I tracked my food yesterday.  Much to my surprise, I overate.  I say that b/c I didn't snack a ton that I was aware of, and didn't really eat lunch.  That sort of stuff is always eye-opening.

So another day.  Now if I can get my water in today--I swear I spent half the day in the bathroom yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment